As September comes to a close, we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes that we enjoyed during Better Breakfast Month!
Let us know what recipes you tried this month in the comments section. Better yet, send the recipe and a picture to your concierge and it could be featured on our Facebook page.
Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats
- ½ Cup Old Fashion Oats
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Milk (any kind of milk will do!)
- ½ Large or 1 Small Peach pitted and diced
In a small bowl, combine oats through nutmeg. In a separate small bowl, combine milk and vanilla. In a small container, starting with the oats mixture, layer oats mixture and diced peaches to create four layers. Pour milk mixture over layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When you’re ready to enjoy, give the layers a stir. Oats can be eaten cold or, for that fresh from the oven cobbler craving, heat in microwave in 30 second increments.
Other Oat Offerings:
- Swap peaches out for fresh blueberries for a blueberry cobbler inspired breakfast.
- Only have oatmeal packets on hand? Plain or flavored instant oatmeal packets can be swapped for old fashion oats. Do not substitute oats for steel-cut, they won’t soften.
Hummus and Avocado Feta Toast
- 2 Slices Whole Grain Bread
- 2 Ounces Hummus (brand & flavor of your choice!)
- 1 Avocado, pitted and sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese
Toast bread. Spread each piece of toast with 1 ounce of hummus. Top with sliced avocado. Sprinkle with feta and salt to taste.
- Swap slices of bread for smaller slices of baguettes to create an easy to eat appetizer.
- For an extra filling start to your day, top with a fried egg over easy.
Room for Ricotta
- 3/4 Cup Strawberries, sliced
- ½ Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Pecans
- Sprinkle of Nutmeg
Scoop ricotta cheese into a bowl and mixed with desired mix-ins. Sprinkle with your favorite nuts and spices. We enjoy strawberries, honey, nutmeg, and pecans best!
- Agave nectar
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped almonds
- ½ cup Mandarin Oranges, sliced
- 1/4 cup Mango, cubed
- Sprinkle of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Cashews
- 2 teaspoons Honey
Broccoli, Sausage and Cheese Egg Bake
- 18 Egg Whites
- 1 Bag Simple Potato Shredded Potatoes
- 2 Cups Steamed Broccoli
- 1 ½ Cup Shredded Cheese
- 6 Sausage Patties, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the shredded potatoes in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake in the oven until slightly brown. Top with shredded cheese, crumbled sausage, broccoli and egg whites. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the eggs are firmed. Cut into 6 servings. This is a great recipe to make over the weekend and eat during the week.
Recipes by: Molly N., Taylor K., and Ashley B.