While we might not be ready to bid farewell to summer, our favorite retailers are encouraging us to think fall. The sale and clearance racks are filled with what’s left of the summer collection and front window mannequins are dressed for the inevitable cooler temperatures.
Ready or not, fall is approaching, so check out these style trends to give last year’s wardrobe a boost.
1) No longer just an undershirt, a fitted V-neck T-shirt in any color creates a stylish casual look.
2) Layer your favorite knit cardigan, sweater or sports coat with a T-shirt or button-down. Add a tie or bow tie to dress it up.
3) Anything olive-green and military-inspired outerwear are a must-haves this season.
4) Save your baggy jeans for football Sundays. No matter your size, a more tailored cut on tops and bottoms makes for a more modern appearance.
5) Loafers or chukkas are the trendy alternative to athletic shoes once the cool weather forces you to stow your brown flip-flops.
1) Lacey tanks or tees create a flirty evening look, but are also great for layering under a blouse, cardigan or jacket for business attire.
2) The shirtdress may be too casual for work, but it’s paired perfectly with flats for the fall and boots and leggings in the winter.
3) Show off ankle boots by wearing them with your favorite skinny jeans, pleated skirt or dress.
4) Faux leather is back for work and play. From pencil skirts to miniskirts, vests and jackets, faux leather in any color adds a little edge to your outfit while still keeping it classy.
5) Statement necklaces instantly convert any outfit from drab to fab. Popular this fall are gold and bronze metals adorned with beads and pearls.
Share your favorite fall fashion trends in our comments.
Post by: Shelley W.