Our Washington, DC and Virginia concierge teams attended opening night of Cirque du Soleil: Kurios at Lerner Town Square as part of our Charm School program*. After experiencing the show, it’s no surprise that our reserved tickets were quickly snatched up – the performers dazzled a full house as they twirled, soared, and balanced in unimaginable ways.
No matter where you’re sitting, the venue is intimate enough so that every seat is a great seat. The show is done on a round center stage and the performers make sure to constantly engage the audience from all sides – at several points audience members were even pulled to be participants in the show.
The show is set to an upbeat soundtrack which featured live performers both hidden offstage as well as onstage.
If you were lucky to get tickets to this show, you are in for a real treat!
What to Know Before you Go:
- The show runs 2 hours and 10 minutes, with a 25 minute intermission.
- The tent is air-conditioned, so you will be cool and comfortable as you enjoy the performance even during the heat wave.
- Parking is available at 1775 Tysons Boulevard and 1650 Tysons Boulevard for a fee and is a short walk to the venue (well-marked by signs and event staff!).
- Metro users can take the Silver Line to Tysons Corner Metro Station; the big top is just outside the station.
- Enjoy dinner beforehand at one of the many great restaurants that the Tyson’s area has to offer – We suggest Wildfire, Founding Farmers, Maggiano’s, or American Tandoor (use your CARD to receive 10% off your dinner!)
*Charm School is a fun and educational program used to keep our concierge teams informed of the newest venues, latest trends, and upcoming events.
Post by: Brenda B.