Did you receive a CSA box this week? Our concierges sent out great recipes to utilize your produce but here is another recipe we suggest:
Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes (yields 4 servings)
1 lb. Green Beans, trimmed & cut into 2 inch pieces
1 cup Water
2 tbsp. & 2 tsp. Butter
1 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
1 1/3 cups Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Place beans and water in a large saucepan. Cover, and bring to a boil. Set heat to low, and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain off water, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, garlic salt, pepper and basil. Add tomatoes, and cook stirring gently just until soft. Pour the tomato mixture over the green beans, and toss gently to blend.
Based on the reviews for this recipe and our own taste test, we recommend:
- OMIT Garlic Salt & ADD fresh Garlic, minced to butter mixture
- ADD Shallots, chopped to butter mixture
- REDUCE Sugar
- ADD Parmesan cheese and/or Breadcrumbs as topping
- ADD Salt to taste
The best part – it’s ready in 20 minutes!
Adapted from allrecipes.com.