Warm drinks and winter go hand in hand, but sometimes the options seem to get a little monotonous… cocoa, coffee or tea.
Well, here is an idea to brighten up your cocoa (or coffee) with a fun DIY Hot Cocoa Spoon!
- Spoons – plastic, metal or wooden will all work!
- Wax Paper
- White Chocolate Chips
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut Butter
- Shredded Coconut
- Candy Canes (crushed)
- Melt the chocolate chips according to package directions and put in a small dipping bowl. Organize your topping into other small dipping bowls. If using peanut butter, on microwave it for 30 seconds to melt it and stir quickly (it might appear to be a bit oily, but that’s ok).
- Dip a spoon in one of the melted chocolates and lay it on wax paper. Before it hardens, top with whichever topping ingredients you chose. You can do tons different combinations and variations!
- Allow them to harden completely on wax paper. If you want to speed up the process, you can put them in the freezer.
Make it a fun gift and wrap them in cellophane and put them in a mug with some cocoa packets! Or imprint the spoon with a warm message! Or just sit back and enjoy a nice cup of cocoa to yourself.
Post by: Ashley M.