Are you starting to crave fresh fruits and veggies during these cold, dark winter days? Charm City Concierge has got you covered! Order a produce box from your concierge and get your fruit and veggie fix! Check out these recipes for this week’s produce box. Perfect for a holiday potluck or a cozy night in.
Mango Pineapple Salsa
Wishing you were in a tropical paradise instead of the cold? Spice up your appetizers, meat dish, or fish dish with this scrumptious mango pineapple salsa!
- 2 Mangos, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup crushed Dole Pineapple (drain juice)
- ½ cup chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped Red Onion
- 1 finely cut and seeded Jalapeno
- ½ tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely minced
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed Lime Juice
- Throw it all in a bowl, stir, and get ready to become an instant household celebrity!
- Serve with tortilla chips, grilled halibut, and chicken breasts or as a delicious topping for your Tacos, Chips, or Grilled Chicken or Fish!
Green Bean Almondine
Use your green beans, lemon, and even onions in this recipe!
Fresh green beans sautéed in a light butter and lemon sauce.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Cook beans for 2 minutes in boiling water. Water should be at a rolling boil before you add beans.
- Drain beans in a colander and then cool in a bowl of cold water. Once cooled drain beans again. Remove all excess water from beans.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter. Once melted add almonds.
- Cook over low heat until slightly browned. 3-4 minutes. Remove almonds.
- In same pan add garlic and beans.
- Let cook until beans are heated through.
- Add almonds. Stir.
- Turn off heat, squeeze 1/2 lemon over top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately
Warm up with a healthy sweet treat, banana bread! Great for a cozy holiday breakfast or healthy alternative dessert.
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan. Slice and serve.
Contact your concierge for the current produce list and to place an order! Boxes delivered on Wednesday and Thursday each week based on location.
Post by: Anna B.