Italian food is easily my favorite food to eat and to cook. It wasn’t until a few years ago that I realized just how easy it is to make meatballs in your own kitchen that taste like you’re sitting on the streets of Rome.
Here’s a very simple recipe to make your own authentic Italian meatballs to eat over a bowl of pasta, as a sandwich or even just on their own!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup warm water
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place foil on a baking sheet and spray with oil to prevent meatballs from sticking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Take enough of the mixture to fill the palm of your hand and roll into balls, placing them each about an inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Place in the over and let them bake for 15 – 20 minutes OR you can place them in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and fry them.
- Serve however you like and enjoy!
Post by: Kristen H.