“Is your company the best place to work?”
This is the question posed to launch Charm City Concierge’s inaugural client contest. We wanted to hear about standout perks . . . do you have a game room or interactive lounge for mid-day breaks to recharge? Check. Does your company sponsor happy hours, team breakfasts, or lunches to encourage inter-department staff mingling? Check. Do employees have the opportunity to unwind with lunchtime yoga or fitness classes? Check. Does your company support charity involvement? Check. Does your company make an extra effort to celebrate employee milestones? Check, check, check. And so much more. In fact, the response was overwhelming positive and surpassed our expectations.
Day in and day out, our team is dedicated to creating opportunities to help companies attract and retain top talent. We encourage and support the notion to reward employees who hustle to get the job done, we create unique environments that bring people together to collaborate in a fun and productive way, and we help create energetic and engaging workplaces that keep employees motivated. We gained amazing insight into what it takes to be a best place to work. Our tenant companies are setting the bar high and we’re right there with them to support their initiatives and create “best place to work” worthy experiences and opportunities.
The contest submissions left us eager to dig in to learn exactly what keeps our clients ticking.
Take a look at these top 9 standout perks:
- Celebrating random holidays, such as S’mores Day—who doesn’t want to crunch into warm chocolate and gooey marshmallow? Let us bring the campfire to your conference room—set up a build your own s’mores bar
- Opportunity to support charitable organizations through fundraising and paid volunteer time (CCC has a robust charitable giving program, too. Ask about our next drive!)
- Cookie truck for employee appreciation day; or better yet, an entire week of employee appreciation gifts and activities
- Fun and challenging team building events: Minute to Win It competition, ropes and obstacle courses, scavenger hunts
- Fun Fridays! Themed attire with group photos, early closure or summer Fridays off, contests such as ugly sweater and Hawaiian shirts (Add food to make Fun Friday even more fun. Our caterers can craft a delicious and creative menu for any theme.)
- Making healthy fun: Cooking demos, exercise demos, fitness tracking with quarterly incentives, fresh fruit and other snack options weekly (Ask about options to get your company on the healthy track.)
- Monthly lunch gatherings to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries
- Summer kickoff fiesta (We’ve planned a fiesta or two [hundred] for our clients. Talk to us about planning yours or get ideas for other fun themed parties.)
- Opportunities for company-wide recognition: employee-nominated awards program, “ringing the bell” to highlight team members who contributed to company achievements, and even sending champagne to remote employees to virtually toast milestones
To all our tenant companies that are working hard to keep their employees healthy, happy, and engaged, we hear you. And we’re here to support and enhance your efforts. Turn to Charm City Concierge when you’re looking for that next wow factor enhancement or experience—because that will sure keep your employees praising you as a best place to work. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, we named Echo360 in Reston, VA as Charm City Concierge’s Best Place to Work 2017 winner. A huge thank you to everyone who shared their stories.
Do any of these ideas spark your interest to implement at your workplace? We’re in the business to create a fun and balanced work environment where employees remain happy and productive, so don’t hesitate to reach out with ideas and requests large or small.